Black Web bluetooth keyboard
Bill Outman
2018-08-13 19:33:14 UTC
Hello, all.

I've been impressed by this Black Web keyboard everyone has been discussing.

I have a couple questions. Will it work with my 8 Plus? Arlene, you
mentioned it has USB charging capability; how do I tell the level of charge
and when it needs charging as I am totally blind?

Bill Outman

http://www.mail-archive.com/***@googlegroups.com/
---
Arlene
2018-08-13 23:46:51 UTC
Bill, We have 3 of these black webb keyboards, and in 3 months time, so far, the rechargable batteries in the keyboard is long lasting, since they haven't needed charging up yet. The battery status doesn't show up in the phone, we've looked. We navigate on the screen of the phone more than using the keyboard so far, so it might depend on one's usage of the keyboard. Even if we began using the keyboard more, I think this battery would last a good while. One really wonderful thing about this keyboard is that it has a slide button, to turn the keyboard off or to turn it on. So when we're not using the keyboard we slide that button off. In fact one keyboard that we have has been turned off each time, it was used, and the other keyboard has never been turned off, and it's been on for the whole 3 months, and neither one needs charging yet. So since we've only had these keyboards for 3 months so far, it will be interesting to see in time how it goes, and how long it will be when we need to recharge the battery. It seems to me that the keyboard would work on all of the phones sold in the store, including the more recent ones, as the x, your phone the 8 plus and 8 and others. I'll find the box to the keyboard and see if it specifically says it's only for certain iphones or ipad mini models which it was actually designed for, though we use it with our se phones. While I get the information from the box, since black webb is one of the brands that walmart sells possibly you could call your local walmart to ask them if this keyboard would work with your phone, or you could call the walmart headquarters and talk to the walmart.com department ask if your phone, the 8 plus phone will work with the keyboard. I know the walmart.com is for shopping online, but I've called before to find out about products a few times, since I don't buy anything online. When you ask about it, it's the black webb keyboard that costs about $20.

Arlene

Dave
2018-08-14 00:09:09 UTC
Hi, The on off switch, on these keyboards, is for when you are traveling, and packing your keyboard away, so the buttons don’t get pressed, as that will activate the keyboard, and use up battery.

If you are using the keyboard, when you are not traveling, then it will go into sleep mode, usually within a minute or 2, of inactivity.

Dave.

Arlene
2018-08-14 06:47:42 UTC
Dave, everything you said is correct, however we find that, allowing it to go into sleep mode, is a little slow, compared to using the on and off switch which is instant. When you're at home is there a reason not to use it that way?

Dave
2018-08-14 07:13:14 UTC
Hi Arlene, no, i can’t really think of any downside, except maybe, it could make the switch a bit loose after some time, and it could possibly keep switching it’s self on and off.

The standby time can be upto 5 minutes, and remember, it is only using power, when you press a key.

Dave.

Nene
2018-08-14 10:18:28 UTC
Hello, does any body’s using this Logitech Keys-To-Go For iOS keyboard in your iPhone?

Would like to hear your experience, or views on it.

Nene

Marie
2018-08-15 14:31:42 UTC
I bought this keyboard after reading a couple of messages on this list on July 14th. I have not had a lot of time to get familiar with it but so far, I am delighted. If you check the archives you should find the thread which explains how it works and the features much better than I could do at this time.
Marie

Robert Wright
2018-08-15 16:07:00 UTC
I am using the Omoton ultra slim BT keyboard. It is 11w x 5d inches. It runs on 2 triple A batteries not included. Very comfortable to use. 2 of the function keys will raise and lower the brightness. There is a previous, play/pause, next and mute keys. Then volume up/down.there are still a few function keys I am still figuring out.It has a power switch.

character is found in how you treat people who cannot do anything for you!                                ***

Nene
2018-08-23 12:12:22 UTC
Hello, any best Bluetooth headset recommendation for iPhone?
I want something that is easy to fit in the pocket.
Thank you in advance for any suggestion.
Nene

'Carol Adams' via VIPhone

Sieghard Weitzel
2018-08-23 15:51:15 UTC
As Carol says, the main question would be if you want a single earpiece or a stereo headset?
Also, how much are you willing to spend at most? If price is not a consideration, e.g. you want to spend whatever it takes, then probably the Apple Airpods would be best, you can use just one or both for stereo, they are tiny and sound great.
Another very good single earpiece is the Plantronics Voyager Edge, I think there is a newer version out there called the 5200.

Cristobal Muñoz
2018-08-23 16:28:03 UTC
A quick note. The Plantronics 3200 is the updated model to the Voyager Edge. Whereas the 5200 is the updated version to the Voyager Legend.

When my Edge started to give up the ghost last year, I tried both of these out and ended up keeping the 5200.

It felt more comfortable and had one extra microphone and to my ear at least, gave better call quality. If memory serves, the price difference was something like $30 between both models or so.

My main headset for casual listening/alerts and in general, interacting with my personal iPhone is the Trekz Air, but I use the 5200 for work purposes when I’m not at my computer and need to take/make a call.

Andy Baracco
2018-08-23 18:29:38 UTC
i think you will get as many answers as there are people. Could you be a little more specific? Do you want one earpiece or two? Do you want bone conduction, over the ear, or in the ear?

What about price?

Andy

Nene
2018-08-23 20:36:37 UTC
Thanks guys to your reply to my query.

I always like the over the ear headsets.

From your suggestions, I am looking at the Plantronics Voyager 5200 UC, its voice commands feature sounds cool, any users’ experience?

Nene

Cristobal Muñoz
2018-08-23 21:29:52 UTC
The 5200 is pretty big. Similar to the Legend that it replaced. It’s got a boom mic and while the earbud part goes in your ear, the rest of the device wraps around/behind your ear. For me at least, I felt the 5200 to be more comfortable than the legend and the other thing is that it charges with a regular micro USB cable instead of whatever proprietary magnetic set up Plantronics attempted with the legend.

With my Voyager Edge (now the 3200), if I had to wear it for a long time, I would start to feel the little plastic hook it uses to stay on your ear. The 5200 does a better job of this with not being noticed feeling-wise. Again though, it’s anything but small.

Audio quality is fine. If you’re in a loud setting, there’s only so much one little ear piece can do. I haven’t gotten any complaints with call quality and again, I use this mainly for business related stuff. So I’m pretty satisfied with it.

The Plantronics iOS app is fully accessible too if that matters at all. Really though, I think I only used it once when setting up the ear piece and that’s it. I disabled all the extras like voice commands or raise to answer, etc, but they are there if you want them.

I always like the over the ear headsets.

From your suggestions, I am looking at the Plantronics Voyager 5200 UC, its voice commands feature sounds cool, any users’ experience?

Nene

i think you will get as many answers as there are people. Could you be a little more specific? Do you want one earpiece or two? Do you want bone conduction, over the ear, or in the ear?

What about price?

Andy

Hello, any best Bluetooth headset recommendation for iPhone?

I want something that is easy to fit in the pocket.

Thank you in advance for any suggestion.

Nene

<http://www.mail-archive.com/***@googlegroups.com/> http://www.mail-archive.com/***@googlegroups.com/
---
Visit this group at <https://groups.google.com/group/viphone> https://groups.google.com/group/viphone.

Andy Baracco
2018-08-23 21:42:14 UTC
I have had a legend for years and love it, and if it were to die, I would replace it with the 5200. if the 5200 is like the legend, it will speak the power status, battery status, and will tell you when it needs to be recharged.

Andy

I always like the over the ear headsets.

From your suggestions, I am looking at the Plantronics Voyager 5200 UC, its voice commands feature sounds cool, any users’ experience?

Nene

Cristobal Muñoz
2018-08-24 01:56:32 UTC
Yes, it does.

I have had a legend for years and love it, and if it were to die, I would replace it with the 5200. if the 5200 is like the legend, it will speak the power status, battery status, and will tell you when it needs to be recharged.

Andy

I always like the over the ear headsets.

From your suggestions, I am looking at the Plantronics Voyager 5200 UC, its voice commands feature sounds cool, any users’ experience?

Nene

Michael G McKay
2018-08-24 04:20:03 UTC
Aftershokz Bluetooth bone conduction head set is what I use. I find it works great.

I always like the over the ear headsets.

From your suggestions, I am looking at the Plantronics Voyager 5200 UC, its voice commands feature sounds cool, any users’ experience?

Nene