Layout of new Apple TV Remote
Brian Fischler
2015-10-30 20:32:45 UTC
Hey all,

Just go my new Apple TV but of course not sure what the buttons on the new remote are, does any partial sight know what they are did a google search but have not come up with a good descriptive layout. Thanks,

Your V iPhone list moderator is Mark Taylor and your owner is Cara Quinn - you can reach Cara at ***@caraquinn.com

http://www.mail-archive.com/***@googlegroups.com/
---
Jonathan Mosen
2015-10-30 20:53:21 UTC
Hi Brian, the top left button is menu, use this to work your way back when you need to. Triple click menu for VO. Next to it is home. One press takes you back to the home screen.
Below Menu is play/pause. And you have a very large button that's volume up and down.
Yesterday, I did a podcast exploring Apple TV 4 here:
http://soundcloud <http://soundcloud/>.com/jmosen/appletv4
Jonathan Mosen
Mosen Consulting
Blindness technology eBooks, tutorials and training
http://Mosen.org

John Diakogeorgiou
2015-10-30 21:02:35 UTC
I listened to the podcast which was really good. The question that
came out of it for me is are the tv channels the same as before or
have they added any new ones?
Post by Brian Fischler
Hey all,
Just go my new Apple TV but of course not sure what the buttons on the new
remote are, does any partial sight know what they are did a google search
but have not come up with a good descriptive layout. Thanks,
Your V iPhone list moderator is Mark Taylor and your owner is Cara Quinn -
---
"VIPhone" group.

Jonathan Mosen

Mary Otten
2015-10-30 21:43:36 UTC
Hi Jonathan,
Did you send a link for your podcast to the list? I feel sure that you did, but I don't recall seeing it. I do have another question about the AppleTV. If you have the connection and everything and maybe a sound bar, what happens if you don't have a TV? Can you have it all audio with the sound bar being Bluetooth connected? Or some other way I'm just having audio with no TV?
Mary

Sent from my iPhone

Jonathan Mosen
2015-10-30 21:49:10 UTC
Hi Mary,
http://soundcloud.com/jmosen/appletv4
At the moment I've just connected it to the HDMI port in yur home theatre system. Will be doing more playing over the next few days.
http://Mosen.org <http://mosen.org/>
http://soundcloud <http://soundcloud/> <http://soundcloud/ <http://soundcloud/>>.com/jmosen/appletv4
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/viphone <http://groups.google.com/group/viphone>.

Scott Berry
2015-10-30 23:07:31 UTC
Hey Jonathan,

I have a question for you. I have a sound bar and since they are not doing digital audio I am going to have to do HDMI. Is there a device where you can connect more than one HDMI device together? I am looking for like maybe a chaining device for HDMI?
Post by Jonathan Mosen
Hi Mary,
http://soundcloud.com/jmosen/appletv4 <http://soundcloud.com/jmosen/appletv4>

John Diakogeorgiou

Brian Fischler
2015-10-30 23:02:32 UTC
hey Jonathan,

Just an FYI as I went to your sound cloud page but got an error message from safari that the page was not available.

One issue off the bat with the new AppleTV is it has already caused Siri on my iPhone to launch four times and that was just me messing around with the setup of the Apple TV. Strange as neither I nor the Apple TV even said Siri.

Thanks for the layout again, I figured you missed the Siri button but figured that one out.

Yes, you need to go to the app store to download the channels. Kind of a pain but it is quick. Have not had a chance to log in to anything yet with my cable credentials, which was a pain on the old AppleTV and I had a sighted buddy help me to make it much quicker.

One other button which had me scratching my head for a few minutes during setup is you have to press down on the trackpad to select things. Tried every button to select English for VO before realizing you need to press down on the track pad to select things. The remote takes a little getting used to but can see after a bit that it will be much quicker to make selections compared to the old Apple TV remote.

One thing I need to figure out is how when going through your computer and a long list of items is how best to do this. as flicking with one hand does get tiring.

Did not notice any sports like MLB or NFL on it yet, but also noticed that CBS sports is gone so either I am looking in the wrong area or they are not here yet.

Mary Otten

Brian Fischler

Brian Fischler

John Diakogeorgiou

Brian Fischler

Jonathan Mosen
2015-10-30 21:33:01 UTC
Hi Brian, no problem, but I left a button out. I'm away from the Apple TV this weekend so was going from memory. Sorry about that. Here's the correct info.
The top left button is menu, use this to work your way back when you need to. Triple click menu for VO. Next to it is home. One press takes you back to the home screen.
Below Menu is The button for search or Siri, depending on the country you're in or whether Siri has been enabled in settings. Next to the Siri/Search button is play/pause. And you have a very large button that's volume up and down.
The touch screen interface is above the buttons. A lightning connector is at the bottom of the remote and that's how you charge it.
Best of luck with the new podcast.
Jonathan