Voice Dream Reader Question
Keith Bundy
2016-02-06 14:55:15 UTC
I am wondering if there is a way to save books I have in my Voice Dream Reader to a folder in Google Drive so that they can be removed from my phone and accessed again as needed. I really would rather not use iTunes, if possible.

I am accumulating quite a nice library and some of these books need to be kept. I do have Google Drive enabled in my account.

Any input would sincerely be appreciated. Thanks, and have a great Super Bowl weekend!!

Keith

Sent from my iPhone

Your V iPhone list moderator is Mark Taylor and your owner is Cara Quinn - you can reach Cara at ***@caraquinn.com

http://www.mail-archive.com/***@googlegroups.com/
---
Richard Turner
2016-02-06 15:39:44 UTC
What format are the books?
Richard

Keith B.
2016-02-07 13:25:52 UTC
Hi, Richard. They are Bookshare DAISY books. While I could go in and
redownload every time I wish to reread something, it would be much simpler
to save in a Google Drive folder. For financial reasons, ionly have 16 GB
of memory and can't change this for a while; otherwise, I would just keep
them on the phone.
Post by Richard Turner
What format are the books?
Richard

Richard Turner
2016-02-07 14:33:36 UTC
Hi Keith,
I don't think there is a way to do that.
Since the BookShare book is in a zip file that VoiceDream extracts I believe, there is no way to then upload the book from the app to Google Drive.
I'd suggest writing Winston, the developer, and see if that is something he could add.
you can write to: ***@voicedream.com

Richard
Hi, Richard. They are Bookshare DAISY books. While I could go in and redownload every time I wish to reread something, it would be much simpler to save in a Google Drive folder. For financial reasons, ionly have 16 GB of memory and can't change this for a while; otherwise, I would just keep them on the phone.
Post by Richard Turner
What format are the books?
Richard

Keith Bundy
2016-02-07 19:43:16 UTC
Thanks, Richard. I will do that.

Keith

Sent from my iPhone
Post by Richard Turner
Hi Keith,
I don't think there is a way to do that.
Since the BookShare book is in a zip file that VoiceDream extracts I believe, there is no way to then upload the book from the app to Google Drive.
I'd suggest writing Winston, the developer, and see if that is something he could add.
Richard
Hi, Richard. They are Bookshare DAISY books. While I could go in and redownload every time I wish to reread something, it would be much simpler to save in a Google Drive folder. For financial reasons, ionly have 16 GB of memory and can't change this for a while; otherwise, I would just keep them on the phone.
Post by Richard Turner
What format are the books?
Richard
I am wondering if there is a way to save books I have in my Voice Dream Reader to a folder in Google Drive so that they can be removed from my phone and accessed again as needed. I really would rather not use iTunes, if possible.
I am accumulating quite a nice library and some of these books need to be kept. I do have Google Drive enabled in my account.
Any input would sincerely be appreciated. Thanks, and have a great Super Bowl weekend!!
Keith
Sent from my iPhone
---
---
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "VIPhone" group.

e***@gmail.com
2016-02-07 20:55:38 UTC
Do what you will, but I also have a 16 GB phone, and my VÛR library is a little over 500 MB, and "i have a lot of Bookshare books on
my phone. I also have a few 11-puus hour BARD books on my phone at the same time as my VDR library, and while I don't have a ton of space lef) over, I can usually make things work.

Thanks,
Ari n
Post by Richard Turner
Hi Keith,
I don't think there is a way to do that.
Since the BookShare book is in a zip file that VoiceDream extracts I believe, there is no way to then upload the book from the app to Google Drive.
I'd suggest writing Winston, the developer, and see if that is something he could add.
Richard
Hi, Richard. They are Bookshare DAISY books. While I could go in and redownload every time I wish to reread something, it would be much simpler to save in a Google Drive folder. For financial reasons, ionly have 16 GB of memory and can't change this for a while; otherwise, I would just keep them on the phone.
Post by Richard Turner
What format are the books?
Richard