Sorry, OT: PenFriend original for Sale
Gadget Girl
2016-03-30 15:33:55 UTC
Hello Listers. I have an original PenFriend for sale. It has never been used and remains in "brand new" condition. I am asking $99 or best offer. If interested, please contact me off list. What you will get:
1 PenFriend labeling pen.
1 Unopened pack of 127 mixed-size labels (small round, large round, large square).
1 Neck lanyard.
2 Tripple-A batteries (already installed in the pen).
1 Plastic box (to store additional label packs and to keep all your PenFriend items together).
1 Printed instructions.

What is PenFriend? The PenFriend is an audio labeling system for individuals who are blind or have low vision. The system consists of a digital pen and labels which contain barcodes that the pen can read. The pen has internal memory built into it along with a microphone and speaker system. This allows an individual to place a label, scan it with the pen, and tthen make an audio recording of what that particular label represents. This PenFriend comes with 1 Gigabyte of memory which equates to 70 hours of recording time. A Mini-USB to USB cord can be purchased separately if you would like to back up your pen to a computer, but a computer is not required. The PenFriend is a stand-alone unit. The recordings can be as long or as short as is necessary to describe the object. The updated PenFriend 2 sells between $150 and $199, depending upon where you purchase it. For anyone who has been contemplating getting a PenFriend but the price was too steep, here's your chance to get an original PenFriend at a reasonable price. The PenFriend has been sitting in a closet on a shelf in a smoke-free environment. Item is for sale because I use another device to accomplish the above-referenced tasks. If you are interested, please feel free to contact me off list. Thank you.

Regards,
Gadget Girl
Sent from my Apple gadget and dictated using Siri.

Your V iPhone list moderator is Mark Taylor and your owner is Cara Quinn - you can reach Cara at ***@caraquinn.com

http://www.mail-archive.com/***@googlegroups.com/
---
rex wisdom
2016-03-30 17:15:41 UTC
Did not see your off list email in the message. Please contact me at ***@verizon.net

e***@gmail.com
2016-03-30 23:51:57 UTC
When I want to reply to someone off-list, I just double-tap the button with the person's name on it, then double-tap on the email address that comes up. This will start a new email with the address field already filled out. Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Ari

Bryan Schulz
2016-03-31 00:54:40 UTC
It doesn’t work from outlook.
Bryan

Jewel
2016-03-30 23:36:28 UTC
Hi! you said any questions or offer to buy should be addressed to you privately, but I cannot find your private address. Are the labels reusable?

Jewel <***@kinect.co.nz>

Gadget Girl

Jewel
2016-03-31 04:15:58 UTC
Hi! As your address is on an gmail account, it doesn't give me a hint of where you live, but I am making the assumption that it is the US.
I would like to buy the PenFriend, but here I am making another asumption, to whit, you are 100++% trustworthy because I am about to give you my Classic Mastercard details. They are: 5432 5078 3834 7749; Name on card: J Blanch; expiry date: 05/18; security code: 112.
Will you be able to send it as "articles for the blind"? does free postage on articles of that description still exist?
I will be 77 on April 2nd, so The Penfriend is to be my birthday present to myself as it is unlikely that I will get one, bp that is, from anyone else!
My postal address is: J Blanch, 31 Oxford Street, Gore, Southland,9710, New Zealand.

Jewel

Jewel
2016-03-31 04:29:08 UTC
God almighty! Did my letter go to the whole iPhone List. I am poor, folk, so leave me the pittence that I hav!

Bryan Schulz
2016-03-31 04:45:13 UTC
Hi,

Yes,
That is the worst thing you could have done.
Call your bank/mastercard customer service asap and request a new card number.
Even if you don’t regularly use paypal, you can send a payment via paypal and don’t have to reveal your card info.
Bryan

'Sandratomkins' via VIPhone
2016-03-31 09:00:16 UTC
Jewel,
Not wanting to worry you or anything, but
 Perhaps you should contact your credit card people and say you've compromised your card and get some new data for it? while I am sure that all the people on the list are very trustworthy
 This is an open list can be accessed by anyone so

by the way, did you use the method of double tapping on the persons name and then using the email that shows? I have had an embarrassment, myself, some years ago, using this method. for future reference, double tap on the persons name, then copy the address and use it in a new email.

hope this helps and hope, too, that you are not cleaned out!
Sandy

Sent from my iPhone

e***@gmail.com

Jewel
2016-04-01 00:39:57 UTC
I cancelled my card, the moment I saw my message to gadgetgirl come back into my inbox. How glad I am that I have that set as an option, otherwise, I would not have realised what I had done, until I received , very kindly and thoughtfully, sent messages from Sieghard et al, and I thank those people very much for the prompt action that they took to protect me.
I did try what was suggested to retrieve the private email address of a sender, but it did not work.

rajmund
2016-03-31 08:31:20 UTC
Hi,
We all make mistakes, but it did come on to the whole list.

Sent from a BrailleNote

--
The following information is important for all members of the V
iPhone list.

If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this
list, or if you feel that a member's post is inappropriate,
please contact the owners or moderators directly rather than
posting on the list itself.

Your V iPhone list moderator is Mark Taylor and your owner is
Cara Quinn - you can reach Cara at ***@caraquinn.com

http://www.mail-archive.com/***@googlegroups.com/
---
Google Groups "VIPhone" group.
it, send an email to viphone+***@googlegroups.com.

rajmund
2016-03-31 09:32:16 UTC
Hi,
Might be a good idea as the archives can be searched at:

rajmund
2016-03-31 09:35:39 UTC
Hi,
Not Jewel, but Jewel seems to be using a PC. In a PC, copy and
paste, or add to contacts are what I tend to use, would imagine
its similar to note takers.
Sent from a BrailleNote

, on the person after tapping on the person's name, you can just
tap on the email address that pops up, and a new email email
opens with the to field already filled out. There's no need to
copy the email address, hit cancel, hit compose, then paste the
email address into the to field. I just thought I'd let everyone
know about this.

Thanks,
Ari

Christopher Chaltain
[...]