Braille Screen input
Patti Johnson
2015-10-04 21:28:21 UTC
I guess I have scrambled brains or something.
I just can't get how to put in stuff in edit fields any more, with IOS 7
and under it was simple. Now I can't get anything to go in, no matter
what I do, can't get the dot and at sign to go and stay in, no matter
which mode I'm in.
I have a hard time remembering what the differences are in the braille
modes, and it just isn't working for me. I keep hoping wiht the latest
upgrades it will be easier but I don't know.
I must have dyslexia or something.
Just saying, some of you all seem to have got this stuff and I just
don't know why I can't grasp it.

Patti

The archives for this list can be searched at http://www.mail-archive.com/***@googlegroups.com/.
---
Alex Hall
2015-10-04 22:19:38 UTC
If you mean braille screen input, the system was introduced in iOS8 and hasn't changed since. I wonder if your braille code might have gotten changed? Have a look in VoiceOver's settings, then Braille, to be sure all is how you want it to be.
Post by Patti Johnson
I guess I have scrambled brains or something.
I just can't get how to put in stuff in edit fields any more, with IOS 7 and under it was simple. Now I can't get anything to go in, no matter what I do, can't get the dot and at sign to go and stay in, no matter which mode I'm in.
I have a hard time remembering what the differences are in the braille modes, and it just isn't working for me. I keep hoping wiht the latest upgrades it will be easier but I don't know.
I must have dyslexia or something.
Just saying, some of you all seem to have got this stuff and I just don't know why I can't grasp it.
Patti
Have a great day,
Alex Hall
***@icloud.com

'Carol Pearson' via VIPhone
2015-10-04 23:04:34 UTC
hi Patty,

I am finding it hard to, because it seems that you have to be very exact where you put your fingers, or you mess up! I can't tell you how to do it; I just trust you can work it through, as I am doing. I'm spending a long time though when it comes to editing text and it's when I get my fingers in the wrong place on the screen and this seems to result in messing up my text. some of the text fields seem very small.

Anyone else got any comments on this?

Carol P
Sent from my iPhone using MBraille

Patti Johnson
2015-10-04 23:10:20 UTC
But I'm using keyboards, both apple and braille keyboards. I just put
in what I want and it doesn't accept it, doesn't write it correctly even
if I input it like it should be in the first place.
Patti

Christopher Chaltain
2015-10-05 00:34:06 UTC
Are you using braille screen input, i.e. a virtual braille keyboard, or
are you using a bluetooth keyboard? If you're using a bluetooth keyboard
then try toggling off quick navigation by hitting the left and right
arrow keys at the same time.
--
Christopher (CJ)
chaltain at Gmail

Patti Johnson
2015-10-05 02:41:41 UTC
I'll try that then, thanks.
I just updated both devices, making sure all input is contracted, hope
that helps some.
Patti

'Carol Pearson' via VIPhone

Rajmund
2015-10-05 06:00:52 UTC
Hello Carol,
When, it works, I seem to begetting it too right. Imagine it as if you've had extra large keys, without an enter, and or a backspace. Put each finger on the 6 keys, but make sure that there's quite a nice gap. Although, that will depend on your screen. On an IPhone, I wouldn't be able to do this, I don't think.

[...]
Sent from a Braille Sense