Does anyone have the latest BT keyboard commands for iOS 10.2?
Cris Ali
2017-01-04 23:01:50 UTC
Hello folks,
I have not used a Bluetooth keyboard with my iPhone in quite a while. Today I decided to bring out of my closet my ancient Stowaway Ultra slim keyboard and connected it to my iPhone. I noticed however, that the commands changed quite a bit from what I used to remember back when I used this keyboard four or five years ago.
If anyone has the updated instructions and commands to use BT Keyboard with iOS 10.2, please pass them on to me. Or if anyone knows a place where I can find the updated BTK commands for iOS, please send me the link.

Cheers,

Cris

Your V iPhone list moderator is Mark Taylor and your owner is Cara Quinn - you can reach Cara at ***@caraquinn.com

http://www.mail-archive.com/***@googlegroups.com/
---
Richard Turner
2017-01-04 23:20:42 UTC
From the manual:
VOICEOVER
Use VoiceOver with an Apple Wireless Keyboard
You can control VoiceOver using an Apple Wireless Keyboard paired with iPhone. See Use an Apple Wireless Keyboard.
Use the following VoiceOver keyboard commands to navigate the screen, select items, read screen contents, adjust the rotor, and perform other VoiceOver actions. For the commands, you can use the Control-Option key combination or the Caps Lock key, abbreviated in the list that follows as “VO.” (To choose a modifier key, go to Settings > General > Accessibility > VoiceOver > Modifier Keys.)
You can use VoiceOver Help to learn the keyboard layout and the actions associated with various key combinations. VoiceOver Help speaks keys and keyboard commands as you type them, without performing the associated action.
VoiceOver keyboard commands
VO = Control-Option
• Turn on VoiceOver Help: VO–K
• Turn off VoiceOver Help: Escape
• Select the next or previous item: VO–Right Arrow or VO–Left Arrow
• Double-tap to activate the selected item: VO–Space bar
• Press the Home button: VO–H
• Touch and hold the selected item: VO–Shift–M
• Move to the status bar: VO–M
• Read from the current position: VO–A
• Read from the top: VO–B
• Pause or resume reading: Control
• Copy the last spoken text to the clipboard: VO–Shift–C
• Search for text: VO–F
• Mute or unmute VoiceOver: VO–S
• Open Notification Center: Fn–VO–Up Arrow
• Open Control Center: Fn–VO–Down Arrow
• Open the Item Chooser: VO–I
• Change the label of the selected item: VO–/
• Double-tap with two fingers: VO–”-”
• Swipe up or down: VO–Up Arrow or VO–Down Arrow
• Adjust the rotor: VO–Command–Left Arrow or VO–Command–Right Arrow
• Adjust the setting specified by the rotor: VO–Command–Up Arrow or VO–Command–Down Arrow
• Turn the screen curtain on or off: VO–Shift–S
• Return to the previous screen: Escape
• Switch apps: Command–Tab or Command–Shift–Tab
Quick Nav
Turn on Quick Nav to control VoiceOver using the arrow keys.
• Turn Quick Nav on or off: Left Arrow–Right Arrow
• Select the next or previous item: Right Arrow or Left Arrow
• Select the next or previous item specified by the rotor: Up Arrow or Down Arrow
• Select the first or last item: Control–Up Arrow or Control–Down Arrow
• Tap an item: Up Arrow–Down Arrow
• Scroll up, down, left, or right: Option–Up Arrow, Option–Down Arrow, Option–Left Arrow, or Option–Right Arrow
• Adjust the rotor: Up Arrow–Left Arrow or Up Arrow–Right Arrow
You can also use the number keys on an Apple Wireless Keyboard to dial a phone number in Phone or enter numbers in Calculator.
Single-key Quick Nav for web browsing
When you view a webpage with Quick Nav on, you can use the following keys on the keyboard to navigate the page quickly. Typing the key moves to the next item of the indicated type. To move to the previous item, hold the Shift key as you type the letter.
• Turn on Single-key Quick Nav: VO-Q
• Heading: H
• Link: L
• Text field: R
• Button: B
• Form control: C
• Image: I
• Table: T
• Static text: S
• ARIA landmark: W
• List: X
• Item of the same type: M
• Level 1 heading: 1
• Level 2 heading: 2
• Level 3 heading: 3
• Level 4 heading: 4
• Level 5 heading: 5
• Level 6 heading: 6
Text editing
Use these commands (with Quick Nav turned off) to work with text. VoiceOver reads the text as you move the insertion point.
• Go forward or back one character: Right Arrow or Left Arrow
• Go forward or back one word: Option–Right Arrow or Option–Left Arrow
• Go up or down one line: Up Arrow or Down Arrow
• Go to the beginning or end of the line: Command–Left Arrow or Command–Down Arrow
• Go to the beginning or end of the paragraph: Option–Up Arrow or Option–Down Arrow
• Go to the previous or next paragraph: Option–Up Arrow or Option–Down Arrow
• Go to the top or bottom of the text field: Command–Up Arrow or Command–Down Arrow
• Select text as you move: Shift + any of the insertion point movement commands above
• Select all text: Command–A
• Copy, cut, or paste the selected text: Command–C, Command–X, or Command–V
• Undo or redo last change: Command–Z or Shift–Command–Z

"A guy walks into a bar and says 'ouch!'"
(Sent from my iPod 6)
“By doing what you love, you inspire and awaken the hearts of others."
- Satsuki Shibuya

Your V iPhone list moderator is Mark Taylor and your owner is Cara Quinn - you can reach Cara at ***@caraquinn.com<mailto:***@caraquinn.com>

Scott Davert
2017-01-04 23:40:47 UTC
Someone needs to update whereever this documentation is located. There are a couple of things missing. First, you can also change the VO keys to 1 key. Find this setting under the VO settings and the option called "modifier keys". Also, where first letter navigation is concerned, there is one thing ommited which will prevent you from using it. First letter QkNav and QkNav are now 2 different settings. To toggle First Letter QkNav on and off, press VO Shift Q.

Hope this helps,
Scott

Sent from my iPhone
Post by Richard Turner
[...]
• List: X

Cris Ali
2017-01-05 00:36:51 UTC
Thanks Scott and Jen. That is very helpful to keep for future reference.
Regards,
Cris

Cris Ali
2017-01-05 00:35:46 UTC
Thanks a million Richard. It is very kind of you to send me the commands so quickly.
Cheers,
Cris

Jennie Facer
2017-01-04 23:39:20 UTC
If you do a search at:
www.apple.com/accessibility
I believe there is a section specific to the Bluetooth Keyboard commands.
Sorry I don't have a specific link, but that should get you started.

Thanks,
Jenn

'ray t. mahorney' via VIPhone

Scott Davert
2017-01-05 00:37:21 UTC
It's the key to the left of the spacebar.

HTH,
Scott

Sent from my iPhone

Cris Ali
2017-01-05 01:19:17 UTC
While at it, Does anyone remember the keyboard command to simulate the send button in email?
Regards,
Cris

Richard Turner

Scott Davert

Scott Davert
2017-01-05 02:57:01 UTC
Hi Chris.
The send email command is command shift D. This command was not included in the least Richard provided because it's not a VoiceOver command.

HTH,
Scott

Sent from my iPhone

Cris Ali
2017-01-05 03:18:01 UTC
Thanks again Richard, I remember seeing this commmand on this list in the past, but forgot it. It makes sense of why it was not on the list.

Regards,
Cris
Sent from my iPhone

Cris Ali
2017-01-05 03:37:34 UTC
Thanks Scott. This is a very important command to me. Because I will be using the BT keyboard for mostly email. For short text messages I do not mind using the screen keyboard. For email it is a pain to do that.
Cheers,
Cris

Scott Davert
2017-01-05 15:29:57 UTC
Hi Cris.
Also, CMD R for reply, cnd shift R for reply all, cmd n for new, etc. There's an AppleVis podcast specifeacally on using the BT keyboard with the mail app if you'd like to look that up. I don't have the link handy.

Scott

Sent from my iPhone