Is it possible to connect my iPad to a wireless printer?
Michelle Bernstein
2016-03-17 00:05:01 UTC
I would like to connect my iPad to a wireless printer. I do not have a Mac computer, but instead have a PC using Windows 7. Thanks for any guidance.

Regards, Michelle

Sent from my iPad

Your V iPhone list moderator is Mark Taylor and your owner is Cara Quinn - you can reach Cara at ***@caraquinn.com

http://www.mail-archive.com/***@googlegroups.com/
---
Chip Orange
2016-03-17 00:36:44 UTC
Our HP Envy 114 "all in one" printer advertises that IOS devices can print to it, and it is a wireless printer/scanner/fax. I've never tried printing from the Iphone, I've only used it from Windows.

It's not a fully accessible printer, having its own touch panel; but yes, there are wireless printers which do support IOS, you just have to look for this specifically.

Chip

Kayaker
2016-03-17 01:34:16 UTC
Hi,

The wireless printer needs to support “AirPrint”, which is an Apple specification that allows iOS devices to find printers on the network and then print to them. However, if you leave your Windows computer on all the time, there is a solution that you can use to have your windows computer’s connected printer to pretend to be an AirPrint printer. Take a look at this article that explains how:
http://vbsweb.net/install-apple-ios-airprint-for-windows-os.htm

That said, most wireless printers today support both Apple and Android printing protocols, but if your printer is older than two years, it may not work out of the box.

Best,
—k
Faith doesn’t give you the answers, it merely stops you from asking the questions.

'RobH.' via VIPhone
2016-03-17 11:24:16 UTC
I know it can be done, MrsH did it; but don't know how she did it. She's like that.

R.
2016-03-17 12:47:47 UTC
Look for an app called Hammermill. That should do the trick.

I know it can be done, MrsH did it; but don't know how she did it. She's
like that.

R.
I would like to connect my iPad to a wireless printer. I do not have a Mac
computer, but instead have a PC using Windows 7. Thanks
for any guidance.

Regards, Michelle

Sent from my iPad

you feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please
contact the owners or moderators directly rather than posting on the list
itself.

Your V iPhone list moderator is Mark Taylor and your owner is Cara Quinn -
you can reach Cara at ***@caraquinn.com

http://www.mail-archive.com/***@googlegroups.com/
---
"VIPhone" group.
email to viphone+***@googlegroups.com.

Tom Rash
2016-03-17 12:51:16 UTC
Same set up here, and we're doing it with the app Hammermill.

Jim Ruby
2016-03-19 03:11:27 UTC
I have a cannon pxma 560 printer and the app detected it and I selected it in the printer setup wizard, but when I click print test page nothing happens.

The printer is on and working with all other computers and is wireless.

Any suggestions?

Thank you

Message below from another thread mentioning the app in question.

Tom Rash
2016-03-19 12:48:28 UTC
Sorry. Wish I could help. We didn't have that problem when we set it up.
Hopefully someone can help.

Casey
2016-03-19 17:32:29 UTC
hi I first would like to say thanks for reccamending this app.
Second of all do you have to be on wi-fi only to use this App?
Or can you also be on cellular to use it as well?
Also what all can you print with it and can you use it when you are away
from home as well to?