Wimbledon 2016
Andrew Roberts
2016-07-01 11:59:02 UTC
Hi,

Has anyone in the UK downloaded the app in respect of the Wimbledon Championships for 2016? If so, please can you advise me how to access the three radio streams using Voiceover? Unfortunately I haven't been able to make sense of this app this year at all. Last year I used it to check the order of play and all sorts but I am really struggling with it this year.

Many thanks for any offers of help,

Andrew

Your V iPhone list moderator is Mark Taylor and your owner is Cara Quinn - you can reach Cara at ***@caraquinn.com

http://www.mail-archive.com/***@googlegroups.com/
---
Richard Turner
2016-07-01 15:25:34 UTC
I'm not in the UK, but the Wimbledon app is now pretty useless with VoiceOver.
But, TuneIn Radio has several channels for several different courts.
I'm listening to Center Court Radio with the match with Sarina Williams.

I can't find a sensible schedule.

Richard

Andrew Roberts
2016-07-01 17:45:46 UTC
Thanks Richard. That's pretty much what I thought.

I've found the three Live at Wimbledon Radio streams on Tune In and although I am happily using them they are of a lower quality than those that are available via the Wimbledon App would be. Never mind - I suppose we have to be grateful! :)

Andrew

Kathy Brandt
2016-07-01 20:48:16 UTC
I have been able to play Wimbledon radio from the app, but it is not easy to get to: I don't know quite how to describe it; when I got to the page where you had to select favorite players, countries, etc., I hit players, and chose one. That was like a jumpstart for getting the nav bar header to show up..
When you do a combination of swiping from left to right, and double tapping on the buttons towards the top of the screen, you get like News and videos. Eventually as you do a single tap on that nav bar header while turning voiceover off, then back on, you'll get to a menu saying draws shopping etc. which will include "live at Wimbledon". It takes me a few minutes to do, because I don't quite have the sequence down. Sorry for being somewhat imprecise.

It is good to know that the streams are on tuning radio. Otherwise, when you go to the App Store, and go to the developer website, you can play the live radio streams through Safari thankfully.

Once in radio on the app, you can lock the screen, or do something like your mail. After double tapping that, there is a Nother menu, which includes the three radios dreams.

Kathy Brandt
2016-07-01 21:20:18 UTC
yI have been able to play Wimbledon radio from the app, but it is not easy to get to: I don't know quite how to describe it; when I got to the page where you had to select favorite players, countries, etc., I hit players, and chose one. That was like a jumpstart for getting the nav bar header to show up..
When you do a combination of swiping from left to right, and double tapping on the buttons towards the top of the screen, you get like News and videos. Eventually as you do a single tap on that nav bar header while turning voiceover off, then back on, you'll get to a menu saying draws shopping etc. which will include "live at Wimbledon". After double tapping that, there is another menu, which includes the three radio streams. It takes me a few minutes to do, because I don't quite have the sequence down. Sorry for being somewhat imprecise.

It is good to know that the streams are on tunein radio. Otherwise, when you go to the App Store, and go to the developer website, you can play the live radio streams through Safari thankfully.

Richard Turner
2016-07-01 22:25:30 UTC
In previous years, the Wimbledon app was completely accessible and much easy easier to use.
I'm going to give them some feedback once I find the developer contact.
Richard

(From a poster of a church cemetery)
When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.

It's the same when you are stupid.
(Sent from my iPhone 5S)

Harry Bell

Flor Lynch
2016-07-01 22:25:14 UTC
BBC 5 Live is also giving quite comprehensive radio and online coverage, not
geoblocked, and you can easily get it:

http://www.internetradiouk.co/#bbc-radio-5-live
(that's the full address, which is the live streaming address on a Windows
PC.) On iOS, you then go down the page a bit to the 'separator' and shortly
below that is BBC Radio 5 Live (in the midst of other BBC radio stations. If
you've activated the link, you'll see the Play button just below it.
Double-tap that.

Has anyone in the UK downloaded the app in respect of the Wimbledon
Championships for 2016? If so, please can you advise me how to access the
three radio streams using Voiceover? Unfortunately I haven't been able to
make sense of this app this year at all. Last year I used it to check the
order of play and all sorts but I am really struggling with it this year.

Many thanks for any offers of help,

Andrew

Your V iPhone list moderator is Mark Taylor and your owner is Cara Quinn -
you can reach Cara at ***@caraquinn.com

http://www.mail-archive.com/***@googlegroups.com/
---
"VIPhone" group.
email to viphone+***@googlegroups.com.

Kathy Brandt
2016-07-02 12:43:03 UTC
I received the following after using the contact form. Would be good if other interested people would write also:

Hi, thanks for your Wimbledon feedback. We will review the app for accessibility after the Championships and work out how is can be improved further.

In the meantime www.wimbledon.com may have the content you are seeking.
Andy Burns
Digital Producer
www.wimbledon.com
@Wimbledon +44 (0) 208 971 2688​

IBM Interactive Experience

UK Phone: +44 (0) 7802-174834
E-mail: ***@uk.ibm.com

Unless stated otherwise above:

Richard Turner
2016-07-02 14:43:30 UTC
I wrote them and have not received a reply as yet.

But, fat lot of good it will do waiting until after the championships to fix it.

Good thing TuneIn works fine. You just can’t easily get the schedule within an app

Richard

I received the following after using the contact form. Would be good if other interested people would write also:

Hi, thanks for your Wimbledon feedback. We will review the app for accessibility after the Championships and work out how is can be improved further.

In the meantime www.wimbledon.com <https://www.wimbledon.com/> may have the content you are seeking.

Andy Burns

Digital Producer

<https://www.wimbledon.com/> www.wimbledon.com

@Wimbledon +44 (0) 208 971 <tel:+44%20208%20971> 2688​

IBM Interactive Experience

UK Phone: +44 (0) <tel:+44%20%C2%A07802-174834> 7802-174834

E-mail: ***@uk.ibm.com <mailto:***@uk.ibm.com>

Unless stated otherwise above:
Registered office: PO Box 41, North Harbour, Portsmouth, Hampshire PO6 3AU <x-apple-data-detectors://4/1>

Your V iPhone list moderator is Mark Taylor and your owner is Cara Quinn - you can reach Cara at ***@caraquinn.com <mailto:***@caraquinn.com>