beginner: questions
renette bloem
2014-10-02 12:22:16 UTC
Hallo

I got my first Iphone today. 5-S.

I have the following questions and would appreciate help very much:

Voice over was enabled for me at the store, but I have done something and
disabled it.

How do I get it back without sighted help?

What is the ap called that one can use to type in Braille on the screen?

Where can I get a sort of free manual helping with the learning process to
use the phone?

Many thanks.

Renette
--
The following information is important for all members of the viphone list. All new members to the this list are moderated by default. If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if you feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself. The archives for this list can be searched at http://www.mail-archive.com/***@googlegroups.com/.
---
MamaPeach

Isaac Hebert
2014-10-09 10:26:25 UTC
The feature you can use to type in braille on the iPhone is called braille screen input.
The site you can get tutorials on how to use you're iPhone is called http://www.voiceover-easy.net

Isaac Hebert
MamaPeach
2014-10-08 22:55:20 UTC
Give this site a try for learning how to use the device with VoiceOver:
http://www.voiceover-easy.net/

Kelly Pierce
2014-10-08 23:25:57 UTC
to turn on VoiceOver, press and hold the home button until you hear
the double tone. then tell Siri to turn on VoiceOver. Pressing the
home button three times in rapid succession needs to be configured in
settings.

Kelly
http://www.voiceover-easy.net/
MamaPeach
2014-10-09 01:44:55 UTC
Someone told me that it was already configured to use the home button on
newer models to turn on VoiceOver.

http://www.voiceover-easy.net/
Voice over was enabled for me at the store, but I have done something and disabled it.
How do I get it back without sighted help?
What is the ap called that one can use to type in Braille on the screen?
Where can I get a sort of free manual helping with the learning process to use the phone?
Many thanks.
Renette
---
---
can be searched at http://www.mail-archive.com/***@googlegroups.com/.
---
"VIPhone" group.
email to viphone+***@googlegroups.com.
Feliciano G
2014-10-09 04:43:53 UTC
This is correct, but only during the setup process.

Regards, Feliciano

Like my Facebook page: www.facebook.com/theblindman12v
Follow me on Twitter: Www.twitter.com/theblindman12v

Sent from the Super-iPhone
Someone told me that it was already configured to use the home button on newer models to turn on VoiceOver.
-----Original Message----- From: Kelly Pierce
Sent: Wednesday, October 08, 2014 7:25 PM
http://www.voiceover-easy.net/
Jan Kleinhans
2014-10-09 04:08:48 UTC
And to add to that, also look at:
www.applevis.com
where there is a lot of information, podcasts and more.

Regards

Jan Kleinhans

Shai
2014-10-08 23:32:25 UTC
Hello Renette,
You might also try www.applevis.com, they have helpful guides,
podcasts and tutorials on items that you may want to learn.
Mikayla Gephart

Margaret Booth
2014-10-09 00:55:38 UTC
If you manage to turn off voice over there are 2 ways of bringing it back without sighted help, One way is using Siri. Just as Siri to turn on voice over and it works or do a three finger double tap this is a toggle gesture. If you do a three finger double tap it will either turn on or off voice over. I hope this helps.

Margaret

Sieghard Weitzel
2014-10-09 01:54:22 UTC
Hi Margaret,

A 3-finger double tap mutes speech which in fact is different from turning off Voiceover. If you do a 3-finger double tap and then give the device to a sighted person they still wouldn’t know how to do anything because Voiceover is still running, you still have to double tap on items and use all the other gestures specific to Voiceover. It’s like pushing the mute button on a TV, the TV is still on, but it doesn’t make any sounds.

Feliciano G

RobH.
2014-10-09 09:07:18 UTC
Ok, I'll tackle as many as I can, and shall list them.

VoiceOver: presss and hold the Home button on the front, wait forit to make
the double beep to show Siri is listening, then say "Turn VoiceOver on".

That should do it.

mBraille is the independent app for writing and editing in Braille, though
iOs8 has braille input on VoiceOver's Rotor, note how that is spelled as it
is the most mis-spelled word on the lists.

Safari: usually in the Dock, the bottom row of apps that are always on
screen; Double-Tap to open and run it, there is a button for bookmarks,
the manual is in there.

Joanne Chua
2014-10-09 09:42:49 UTC
Hi, depends on what you do with your phone before as to determine
either you have turn voiceover off or turn speech off. If what Rob H
suggest didn't work, try three fingers double tap on the screen.

Also, if you are on a computer, you can go to applevis.com

There are lots of different resources and podcasts and audio guides
that you might want to check it out.

Good luck
Christine Szostak
2014-10-09 09:45:14 UTC
Another way you should be able to get Voiceover is to simply triple click
the home button. Press it three times quickly and VO should be enabled.
though, this can depend upon your settings in accessibility. Make sure that
speech is the only one checked, otherwise, the triple click home option
takes you to a screen without speech that will allow you to pick and choose
what options you would like to enable (speech...).
HTH,
Chris

Donna
2014-10-12 21:13:20 UTC
You can also try using 3 fingers and tapping the screen twice. I sometimes accidently turn voiceover off using this gesture.

Donnau
Shawn Krasniuk

Sieghard Weitzel
2014-10-13 03:34:45 UTC
Hi Donna,

A 3-finger double tap does mute Voiceover, but does not actually turn it
off. There is a difference between "muting" Voiceover and turning it off
because if you mute it with the 3-finger double tap Voiceover is still on
and you have to use Voiceover gestures like double tap and so on. Turning it
off completely with a triple press of the home button means the phone is
just like it is for a sighted person where tapping an item will activate it
etc.

Regards,
Sieghard

You can also try using 3 fingers and tapping the screen twice. I sometimes
accidently turn voiceover off using this gesture.

Donnau
On Oct 9, 2014, at 5:45 AM, Christine Szostak
Sent: Thursday, October 02, 2014 1:22 PM
[...]
Groups "VIPhone" group.
---