Urgent questions re transferring data from an IPad Mini 3 to an IPad Mini 4 - any help/advice much appreciated
'Eleanor Roberts' via VIPhone
2016-01-07 22:51:53 UTC
Hi all

Am really hoping someone might be able to help me here. I collected my new IPad Mini 4 today and have been trying to set it up all evening, but it's not gone without its hitches.

My main concern has been/is ensuring that all my data came across successfully from my IPad Mini 3 (which I'll be selling to a friend once I've cleared it), to my new IPad. So I was advised to set up my new IPad from my latest ICloud back-up of the old one. However, when I came to do this my Mini 4 told me that it didn't have the latest IOS system on it (I.e. 9.2) so couldn't accept the back-up from my Mini 3! The only thing it'd let me do is set the device up as a new IPad and then update the IOS system. So does anyone know if there's now a way I can transfer the latest ICloud back-up of my Mini 3 onto my Mini 4??

Also, I want to make sure that all my ringtones come across successfully, as I have spent a long time building up my collection and don't want to lose them all/have to get them all again. So what's the best way of doing this?? Would it be through my Mac? If so, could someone give me some instructions on/remind me how to do this??

Thirdly, what's the best way/how do I ensure that all my photos, contacts and music have all come across safely??

So sorry for all the questions, but I want to make sure I've done everything I need to and that it's all work before I clear my Mini 3. So any help/advice/hints/tips anyone can give to assist me with this really would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks.

Eleanor

Sent from my iPad

Your V iPhone list moderator is Mark Taylor and your owner is Cara Quinn - you can reach Cara at ***@caraquinn.com

http://www.mail-archive.com/***@googlegroups.com/
---
Woody Anna Dresner

2016-01-07 23:07:40 UTC
Hi

The Mini 3 was already running IOS 9.2 - it was my new Mini 4 that, to my surprise, was only running IOS 9. So I have a 9.2 back-up from my Mini 3, but how would I now go about transferring the back-up onto the Mini 4 now. That I have upgraded the Mini 4 to 9.2?

Eleanor

Sent from my iPad

Woody Anna Dresner

2016-01-07 23:14:34 UTC
Hi. Thanks for that information. So, having just looked under settings on the IPad, would the reset I need be the one that says "reset network settings", or the one that says "erase all"?

Eleanor

Sent from my iPad
Hi, you are on the right track. After setting up the iPad as new and updating to the latest iOS version, restore your iPad to factory settings. This time, set it up from the iCloud back up, and it will work properly. As far as all of the other things you ask about, The ring tones, contacts, at Cetera, this should all come across automatically, either from the iCloud back up or just from the use of iCloud it's self. Let us know if you find anything missing after the restore is complete. The restore can take quite a while if you have a lot of content, and it will only restore while on Wi-Fi.
Sent from my iPhone
--
Questions, concerns, contact us
Group Owners