Seeing AI and PDFs
Kelby Carlson
2017-08-07 15:07:55 UTC
Does seeing AI have the capability to recognize PDF files? I have a
PDF document I need to read, but when I click "share" there is no
recognize with Seeing AI option.

http://www.mail-archive.com/***@googlegroups.com/
---
Alan Paganelli
2017-08-07 15:45:56 UTC
A PDF document is actually a picture of the document there is no screen reader on the planet and I know of that can read a picture hope that helps!

Alan

Sent from my iPhone 5s

Dani Pagador

Kelby Carlson
2017-08-07 16:29:21 UTC
I am talking about a PDF file that is still an image, with no OCR done on
it yet. I know canopy reader can recognize these, but what about Seeing AI?
Post by Alan Paganelli
A PDF document is actually a picture of the document there is no screen
reader on the planet and I know of that can read a picture hope that
helps!
Post by Alan Paganelli
Alan
Sent from my iPhone 5s
Post by Kelby Carlson
Does seeing AI have the capability to recognize PDF files? I have a
PDF document I need to read, but when I click "share" there is no
recognize with Seeing AI option.
---
Groups
Post by Alan Paganelli
Post by Kelby Carlson
"VIPhone" group.
an
Post by Alan Paganelli
Post by Kelby Carlson
if
Post by Alan Paganelli
you feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the
owners or
Post by Alan Paganelli
---
"VIPhone" group.
---

Kay Malmquist
2017-08-07 18:24:26 UTC
You might try to see if it is listed under the more menu in the share
choices. Sometimes there is a second more option and SeeingAI is listed
there. I have found that it reads PDF very nicely.

Kay Malmquist
***@gmail.com

email to viphone+***@googlegroups.com.

Kelby Carlson
Post by Kelby Carlson
Does seeing AI have the capability to recognize PDF files? I have a
PDF document I need to read, but when I click "share" there is no
recognize with Seeing AI option.
---
Groups
Post by Alan Paganelli
Post by Kelby Carlson
"VIPhone" group.
an
Post by Alan Paganelli
Post by Kelby Carlson
---
---
---

Alan Lemly
2017-08-07 22:02:10 UTC
Actually, PDF documents can contain screen-readable text although it sounds as if the current one under discussion is an image of text which must be run through some OCR process before it can be read.

Alan Lemly

Richard Turner
2017-08-08 00:03:41 UTC
Seeing AI cannot yet scan a a PDF document. It would be worth sending that suggestion through the feedback on the menu screen.
Richard

Kay Malmquist
2017-08-08 00:25:36 UTC
I thought I had done that, but on closer consideration remembered that it
didn't work so I used short text to read the screen on my computer and did
it that way, instead of on the phone.

Kay Malmquist
***@gmail.com

wrote:

Does seeing AI have the capability to recognize PDF files? I have a
PDF document I need to read, but when I click "share" there is no
recognize with Seeing AI option.

list.

or if you feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the

***@caraquinn.com

http://www.mail-archive.com/***@googlegroups.com/
---
Groups "VIPhone" group.
an email to viphone+***@googlegroups.com.

list.

if you feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners
or moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself.

***@caraquinn.com

lenron brown
2017-08-08 00:48:48 UTC
It would also be nice to be able to import pictures from dropbox or
the web and have seeing AI tell us what it thinks the picture is.
Getting as close as it could of a description. Based on objects or
other thinks it has seen on the web.
Sent: Monday, August 07, 2017 10:46 AM
[...]
Cell: 985-271-2832
Skype: ron.brown762

Doc wright
2017-08-08 07:53:08 UTC
Any picture you have in dropbox can be sent to Seeing AI. Here are the steps you must take to send a picture to S-AI.
1. Open the folder where you have photos stored in dropbox.

2. locate a photo and DT (double tap)

3. choose share

4. DT "open in"

(note: if this is your first time adding "seeing a I" to your share you must first dt the second more option and turn on "recognize with seeing aa i)

5. dt recognize with seeing a i

Seeing AI cannot yet scan a a PDF document. It would be worth sending that
suggestion through the feedback on the menu screen.
Richard
Actually, PDF documents can contain screen-readable text although
it sounds as if the current one under discussion is an image of text
which must
be run through some OCR process before it can be read.
Alan Lemly
On Behalf Of Alan Paganelli
Sent: Monday, August 07, 2017 10:46 AM
A PDF document is actually a picture of the document there is no screen
reader on the planet and I know of that can read a picture hope that helps!
Alan
Sent from my iPhone 5s
Does seeing AI have the capability to recognize PDF files? I have a
PDF document I need to read, but when I click "share" there is no
recognize with Seeing AI option.
list.
or if you feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact
the owners or moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself.
---
Google Groups "VIPhone" group.
if you feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners
or moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself.
---
if you feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners
or moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself.
---
If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this

Doc wright
2017-08-08 08:05:32 UTC
I noticed that I left out that after dt your picture and dt share the button you need Is not labled. It is the last button.

Christopher Chaltain
2017-08-08 03:38:51 UTC
Yes, it does sound like we're talking about a PDF that contains a
scanned image of a document. This would have to go through some OCR
first, and I think that's what the person is asking. They're asking if
Seeing AI, and not VoiceOver, can perform the OCR on this image so
VoiceOver has some text to read. They aren't asking if VoiceOver can
read the text out of an image itself.

BTW, JAWS and NVDA have OCR utilities built into them, so you can get
some OCR with those screen readers.
*Sent:* Monday, August 07, 2017 10:46 AM
A PDF document is actually a picture of the document there is no
screen reader on the planet and I know of that can read a picture hope
that helps!
Alan
Sent from my iPhone 5s
Does seeing AI have the capability to recognize PDF files? I have a
PDF document I need to read, but when I click "share" there is no
recognize with Seeing AI option.
If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this
list, or if you feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please
contact the owners or moderators directly rather than posting on
the list itself.
Your V iPhone list moderator is Mark Taylor. Mark can be reached
---
Groups "VIPhone" group.
or if you feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact
the owners or moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself.
---
or if you feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact
the owners or moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself.
---
Christopher (CJ)
Chaltain at Gmail

Doc wright
2017-08-08 08:07:01 UTC
I just noticed that dropbox does not offer “seeing a I” as an option. It looks as if you will have to send it to knfb if you have it.

lenron brown
2017-08-08 09:01:06 UTC
it does not sadly, I don't think I saw one for tap tap see either.
Wish there was away to save the pictures to my camera role and go from
there.
I just noticed that dropbox does not offer “seeing a I” as an option. It
looks as if you will have to send it to knfb if you have it.
Of Christopher Chaltain

Kelby Carlson
2017-08-08 13:24:19 UTC
Post by Doc wright
I just noticed that dropbox does not offer “seeing a I” as an option. It
looks as if you will have to send it to knfb if you have it.
Behalf
Of Christopher Chaltain
Sent: Monday, August 07, 2017 10:46 AM
A PDF document is actually a picture of the document there is no screen
reader on the planet and I know of that can read a picture hope that
helps!
Post by Doc wright
Alan
Sent from my iPhone 5s
Post by Doc wright
you feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the
owners or
Post by Doc wright
---
"VIPhone" group.
if
Post by Doc wright
you feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the
owners or
Post by Doc wright
---
"VIPhone" group.
if
Post by Doc wright
you feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the
owners or
Post by Doc wright
---
"VIPhone" group.
Christopher (CJ)
Chaltain at Gmail
if
Post by Doc wright
you feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the
owners or
Post by Doc wright
---
"VIPhone" group.
if
Post by Doc wright
you feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the
owners or
Post by Doc wright
---
"VIPhone" group.
Lenron Brown
Cell: 985-271-2832
Skype: ron.brown762
---
recognize an image in a blog post on the regular page in Safari? When I
double tap the image and hold my finger down, I get a menu open that only
has the option to preview. There is no share option. /d/optout
<https://groups.google.com/d/optout>.

Doc wright
2017-08-09 06:33:28 UTC
Never mind about knfb reader. Unless you know ahead of time that you are dealing with a picture of text it will not work in knfb

it does not sadly, I don't think I saw one for tap tap see either.
Wish there was away to save the pictures to my camera role and go from there.
I just noticed that dropbox does not offer “seeing a I” as an option.
It looks as if you will have to send it to knfb if you have it.
Behalf Of Christopher Chaltain