Voice dream reader question
Mary Otten
2016-11-03 23:53:14 UTC
I have voice dream reader on my iPhone 7 Plus and my iPad mini two. I have been noticing, since the upgrade to iOS 10, that on the iPad, in the app switcher, I get something that says voice dream reader according to your current location, or something very close to that. And it cannot be dismissed from the app switcher. This only seems to happen on the iPad. Yesterday, four instance, I had voice dream reader on my iPad open. I got finished with it, and dismissed the app from my app switcher. Having done that, remaining in the app switcher what is this thing that says voice dream reader according to your current location. If I double tap on it, it is identified as a button, the app opens. This is frustrating, since you're not supposed to have two voice dream readers open at once. Has anyone seen this? Has anyone noticed a pattern? I can certainly write to Winston and will do so. But I thought I would ask first to see what others had been experiencing.
Mary

Sent from my iPhone

Your V iPhone list moderator is Mark Taylor and your owner is Cara Quinn - you can reach Cara at ***@caraquinn.com

http://www.mail-archive.com/***@googlegroups.com/
---
Rebecca Ilniski
2016-11-04 00:05:57 UTC
Hi. That message to your current location is in the app switcher no matter which app" you use. Mine says dice world to your current location. I wish you could dismiss all that from the app switcher. Don't know if you can though.

Rebecca and Zeb
email: ***@gmail.com

Rebecca Ilniski

Mary Otten

rajmund
2016-11-04 09:19:34 UTC
Hello,
Settings, Privacy, and look around, if the app uses your location. If it does, turn it off. If no change, switch it off in spot light search, under settings general.

Sent from my iPhone 5S

Andy Baracco
2016-11-04 01:01:45 UTC
I have experienced this with different apps with my iPhone 6. It often seems
to be the last app you used. I don't think the app is actually open. It
seems like some kind of shortcut. It isn't consistent though. I do not think
it is the fault of the ap itself, but is some kind of behavior of IOS.

Andy

[...]

"VIPhone" group.
email to viphone+***@googlegroups.com.

I'm not wearing a diaper, so don't try to change me.

Richard Turner
2016-11-04 01:23:10 UTC
I noticed this with several apps as well. I take that it is a new feature/bug of iOS 10.
It seems like a bug to me, but maybe it is a feature to some to quickly go back to your last app...
Richard

(Sent from my iPhone 5S)

-----Original Message----- From: Mary Otten
Sent: Thursday, November 03, 2016 4:53 PM
To: ***@googlegroups.com<mailto:***@googlegroups.com>

Your V iPhone list moderator is Mark Taylor and your owner is Cara Quinn - you can reach Cara at ***@caraquinn.com<mailto:***@caraquinn.com>

Russ Kiehne
2016-11-04 13:25:28 UTC
Interesting I get the same thing with downcast.

Chip Orange
2016-11-06 17:52:36 UTC
Hi Mary,

What I remember is these items in the app switcher which cannot be closed are "Siri suggestions"; as I understand it, they're their because you recently used them and you may want to start them again. This was in IOS 9, and it appears this setting has been moved or eliminated, as I cannot now find it. However, it kept my preference, as I no longer see these suggestions, but if I wanted them back I'm not sure if I could get them or not.

Sorry I can't help specifically, maybe someone here will know where this setting is now.

Chip

I saw a tip which said you could go into the Siri settings and disable suggestions (I think tha

christopher hallsworth